The Gallup-Healthways Global Well-Being Index™ provides fascinating insight into how people all around the world feel about their own well-being. The index uses a holistic definition of well-being and self-reported data from individuals to capture the important aspects of how people feel about and experience their daily lives, extending well beyond conventional measures of physical health or economic indicators.
Well-being has five prominent elements:
- Purpose: Liking what you do each day and being motivated to achieve your goals
- Social: Having supportive relationships and love in your life
- Financial: Managing your economic life to reduce stress and increase security
- Community: Liking where you live, feeling safe and having pride in your community
- Physical: Having good health and enough energy to get things done daily
Which countries’ residents have strong well-being? And, conversely, where does much work remain to be done in terms of well-being improvement?
Take a look at the infographic below to see a snapshot of well-being around the world. For a more in-depth analysis, download the full report.
Sep 25, 2014